My mom was baking it and it was one of the favorite cakes at our house. I start from him, because this is the first cake, baked by me alone. It is very simple and fast in execution and taste great. Quite heavy, wet and tight chocolate. My husband's favorite cake.
The recipe comes from my mother's old notes. A little bit of change for themselves. It leaned on his recipe for chocolate gingerbread cake.
- 1,5 glass of flour (my glass = 250ml - always)
- 1,5 glass of sugar (for some time I add brown sugar)
- 1 vanilla sugar (16g)
- 4 eggs (separate the yolk and the egg white)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of good cocoa
- 250g margarine or butter
- 6 tablespoons red wine (with me always dry)
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
In a saucepan dissolve margarine, add sugars, sifted cocoa, wine and milk. Boil all together. Add weight to the finished eggs, flour with baking powder and mix thoroughly. Whip to stiff foam of the four egg white, and gently stir the dough.
Cover the pan with dimensions of 35×12 (upper size) Grease the fat and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Pour prepared cake. Bake at 180 ° C for 40-45min, or the so-called. dry stick.
After cooling, you can pour the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Boil milk with sugar, add margarine and finally sifted cocoa. All components connect to a uniform mass.